You’ll love this Italian soup loaded with sausage and potatoes. This recipe is a personal favorite from one of Mulcahy’s own.
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound of Italian sausage
- ½ Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp. bacon pieces
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup of half & half
- 2 large potatoes (sliced thin)
- 1 cup kale
- Salt & pepper
How to Make It
- In a large soup pot, brown the sausage with red pepper flakes.
- While the sausage is cooking, slice up your potatoes nice & thin then quarter the slices.
- Chop up your onions and mince your garlic.
- Once the sausage is cooked, remove from pan and drain. With a small amount of oil remaining in pot, add onions, garlic and cooked bacon pieces. Saute until onions are transparent.
- Add the broth and water to the soup pot.
- Carefully pour in your potatoes. Bring to a boil and then Reduce the heat and simmer until potatoes are tender (around 10 minutes or so).
- While potatoes are cooking, rinse and chop your kale.
- Once your potatoes have cooked through, add the half & half and Italian sausage. Cook the soup until heated through.
- Add the kale. Remove from heat and serve.
Serve with bread sticks.